Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Feast of St. Matthew


It's the Feast of St. Matthew today and after Mass we discussed that bit in the Bible which goes, "Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." (Matt. 21.31)

When I was younger this used to puzzle me. I thought the "publicans" were pub landlords, you see, and where's the evil in that? Well, some might be, but it doesn't necessarily go with the territory. Then I learned that the term means tax collector - and all became clear.

St. Matthew is the patron saint of bankers.

I should imagine he's working overtime.

God bless,

LSP

2 comments:

darlin said...

I'm smiling on this end LSP, indeed the Saint of bankers must be busy!

Have a wonderful day and God bless and be with you.

LSP said...

Glad I raised a smile Darlin.

Hope all's well in Canada.

God bless.