Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

It's been an unusually hectic couple of weeks, what with worship,

teaching the faithful,

shooting,

training the horse (huge thanks to VS for training me...), working to some kind of deadline for the religious press, and reading Owen Chadwick's outstanding book, 'Spirit of the Oxford Movement.' Here's an excerpt, on Keble, who famously stated:


'If the Church of England were to fail, it should be found in my parish.'

And Chadwick's commentary:

'The stance is so squared and so real that it takes a moment to see how cloud-capped are the towers he defended.'

I fear LSPland isn't so very far from the same battlements; with that in mind, have a blessed Independence Day and stand vigilant for freedom.

Off to clean guns now.

Cheers,

LSP

5 comments:

bluesun said...

I wish I could attend one of your studies... that sounds like stuff right up my alley.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Happy Fourth to you, too!

darlin said...

Hi there LSP, I see that you've been very busy indeed! That's some schedule you have going on there, glad to hear that you're doing what you enjoy doing and a wonderful 4th of July to you!

Take care and God bless and be with you.

Silverfiddle said...

Like Bluesun, I'd love to have been in the class where the picture of the whiteboard came from.

LSP said...

Thanks for the visit/comment Elizabeth!

Bluesun & Silverfiddle -- the class had it's moments...

Darlin - I hope you had a great Canada (Dominion) Day!

Cheers.