Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Magic Kingdom

At TEC's (The Episcopal Church) triennial General Convention in Anaheim, just down the road from Disneyland's Magic Kingdom. The Convention costs appx. $4 million to hold and produce and its theme is 'Ubuntu!', which evidently means "I am because we are!"

Are what? Seriously in decline for a start, but surely that wouldn't have anything to do with 'gayness'? Or 'transgenderism'? Would it? I mean there's all these transgenderists here in America who're waiting to fill the pews once TEC tells them how great their sex changes are. Stunningly powerful marketing strategy and its moment has arrived, here in Anaheim, with a good 10% of all resolutions focusing on LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered) rights. Sheer genius - take a church which is losing tens of thousands of members annually and turn it around by... appealing to the very people least likely to be attracted to Christianity! But not to worry, that's been jettisoned in favour of the Zuluist Ubuntu, because as all the world knows, the Zulus were really tolerant of the LGBT 'community'.

TEC's average Sunday attendance is 700,000 and shrinking fast - they don't reproduce you see.

Yours in memory of Rorke's Drift.

LSP

6 comments:

Super Fast Guides said...

'Ubuntu'?! At first I wondered who on earth thought that one up, but then curiousity got the better of me and I did a web search for the term. At first I was thrown off track with comments about African concepts and philosophy, but then I found a web site which explained all. If you look at www.ubuntu.com you will see that:
'Ubuntu is a community developed, Linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more.'
Very Christian and relevent to the Church today? Who am I judge?

LSP said...

yes - it is an operating system and everyone says, or used to, that its great. I don't know, I'm just a hack, here in California for next week or so.

I am because you are, or aren't. What wisdom, except that it isn't. TEC is deadending into the rubbish bin of PC nonsensicality.

Yrs.

LSP

tom said...

Good version of Linux for average desktop users. Bad idea for conference name.

Y'all Texas Contingent should have made up Matt:34 buttons to wear to the meetings.

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. (like I'd need to tell you what it reads...)

Might even have made some of them wet their pants. Fix a bayonet on a SMLE and it's a sword, right, sorta?

LSP said...

For sure - they hate cold steel.

LSP

The Black Widow said...

Thats funny a chruch for Transgendered people...And I get phone calls if I put a xmas tree in my yard? What is wrong with this country? I have a good idea and this post hits the nail on the head.


The Black Widow

LSP said...

Thanks BW - Anaheim was a spectacle of P.C., neo-pagan, leftist absurdity.